Sunday, September 30, 2007

"Daddy, do plants like sprite?"


This past weekend Josh and I got the chance to go visit Colin and Heather, my brother and his wife, in their new house in Birmingham. (yes, both my brothers, Colin and Jordan, are now proud home-owners, so it's time for me to make the rounds and see the new cribs.) It was a quick weekend, but wonderful to get to see at least a quick bit of their new home (and visit another friend too--Emily!) and spend some quality time catching up.

We saw the Birmingham Botanical Gardens while we were there, which weren't quite up to STL par just yet (but then what is?), but I think one of my favorite moments was when we walked by a little kid and his dad...it was fairly hot day, and the boy's dad had treated him to a sprite while they walked...and in the true spirit of what my Covenant ed. prof's call a "life-long-learner," he asked his dad, "daddy, do plants like sprite?" Sadly, I don't think they do, but given how much this kid wanted to help, I would water an entire garden with sprite just to give it a go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.