Saturday, August 04, 2007

A Bit of Nostalgia



So for the past week or so, I have been the only one in my house who’s not on vacation. My mom is off till Sunday, Katy’s still got 2 weeks of summer break, Leah’s packing up to go to NYC, and even my Dad is off for 3 weeks! So they’ve all up and left me, to go out to our cabin for a little vacation.

Now this cabin is not just any cabin. When I was in first grade, my dad had the privilege of taking a year sabbatical to write his book In the Grip of Grace, during which time we all moved to the cabin in the middle of the woods. We home schooled (which my mom did an amazing job at…she even taught me to read!), but most of the time us kids just roamed the woods and got into trouble. We'd go out into the woods as soon as school was done, with hatchets and blow horns (...so i had a tendency to get lost) in hand and get back just in time for dinner.

ANYWAY, yesterday I went out to the cabin for the day to be with my family on their little vacation, and that’s right, as I drove out there I definitely got lost in a bit of nostalgia. So here for your viewing pleasure, a few small pictures with a lot of memories behind them!

2 comments:

HumbuckerChapell said...

You are really striking a pose in that second picture! And I'm digging that tu-tu!!
Jordan appreciated the old family photos, as did I.

Alicia Bradley said...

Corinne, It is so great to hear how much you love your family's cabin. We love ours and hope our family enjoys it as much as you and your family have enjoyed yours.

It has been my true pleasure to get to know you at CTS this past summer. I'll always remember you as my "Copy Room Buddy." Take care, Corinne, may the blessings be bountiful! Alicia Bradley